Hello Friends, Happy May!,
Here’s what’s going on at the Center:
- Yoga classes, Healing Sunday, Drumming, the Chanting Workshop, a Therapeutic Sound Healing Bath, and the Spring Blooms Workshop. See the schedule below.
- Several local businesses and donors have generously gifted us much-needed supplies and soil for our community garden. Next week, WalMart volunteers will be helping us fill and ready the beds for planting. More info to come. Interested in being part of this project? Contact Steve at the Center for more info.
- Denise’s Memorial Bench has arrived. It will be installed near the Labyrinth. Thank you to everyone who donated.
Would you help us “Gravel the Ground”? Our main parking area and driveway are in desperate need of gravel. Currently, the parking area is mostly grass and dirt (often mud!) and visitors are confused about where to park because only the middle area has a bit of gravel remaining. This affects all of us! As you can imagine, this is an expensive project (estimate: 3.2 K). We appreciate any amount you give. In order for our vehicles to sufficiently pack down the gravel before the next plowing season, it has to be spread soon.
Please donate at the Center or here on Facebook. Thank you for your generosity.
Upcoming Classes and Events
Here is the May schedule of classes and events. Reminder: when South Jeff school district closes for the day or cancels after-school activities due to weather, KYWC activities are also canceled for your safety.
Drumming and Meditation Circle
Come make a joyful noise. Bring your own drum and rattles or borrow one of ours.
Steve Williams, facilitator. May 12th at 6 pm. $5 donation. Members free.
Enjoy a relaxing 20–30-minute energy balance session with one of our certified practitioners.
May 21st from 2 pm until 5 pm. Please arrive by 4 pm. By donation.
You are also invited to attend the Center for Spiritual Awareness Easter Service at 11 am and a Potluck Lunch following the service.
This workshop with Clancy Cox is for all who dream of a more joyful and easy relationship with their voice. Clancy will guide you through joyful vocal exercises to support lung capacity and health. At each workshop, we will learn a different Sanskrit chant. This is a wonderful opportunity to find and explore the beauty and power of your voice beyond speaking. No prior experience is needed.
Date and time: Saturday, May 13th, 2-4 pm. Cost: $25
Therapeutic Sound Bath
Come enjoy this therapeutic sound bath facilitated by Roxanne Turturro. This hour-long session begins with healing intention meditation followed by a sound bath created with crystal bowls and other sound healing instruments.
Date and time: June 2, 2023 at 6:30 pm. Cost: $20. Please register and prepay at the Center to ensure your spot.
Roxanne is offering this session as a fundraiser for KYWC. Thank you, Roxanne!
Spring Blooms Workshop
Join the Lazy Day Dirt Flower Farm gals for a special fun day celebrating the beauty of spring with native plants. The day’s activities and ‘takeaways’ include:
- An introduction to native plants with Q & A session.
- Create a planter of up to 7 native perennials of your choice to enjoy all summer. In Fall, plant them in your garden for YEARS of enjoyment!
- A delicious BRUNCH & LUNCHEON catered by Embellished Catering.
- A fun Gardner’s Treasure Hunt where everyone gets a prize!
Date and Time: June 3rd at 10:30-3:00 pm at KYWC.
Single ticket: $75, Bring a friend: 2 tickets for $140. Group rates are available.
The Wellesley Island Wildlife Rehabilitation Center will be receiving a portion of the proceeds from this workshop!
Yoga with Carla
See Carla’s class descriptions, schedule, and registration form here.
- MONDAYS: Flow and Restore (6:15-7:30 pm) No class on May 29th
- THURSDAYS: Flow and Restore (4:30-5:45 pm)
- THURSDAYS: Beginner Flow (6:15-7:30 pm)
- SATURDAY: Yoga Tone and Sculpt (Dates pending)
Hatha Flow with Jeri
Relax, Renew, Rejuvenate
Mondays and Wednesdays 4:30-5:45 pm.
Contact Jeri at firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
Chair Yoga with Jean
Tuesdays, 1 pm to 2:15 pm until July 25th. Contact Jean at email@example.com to register.
Thank you for your fellowship and support.
Have a wonderful month.