Happy April 🙂 There may still be snow on the ground and a chill in the air, but that’s not stopping us from being excited about our spring/summer season. This quote says it well : )
“Spring is when you feel like whistling, even with a shoe full of slush.” – Doug Larson
Here’s what’s going on at the Center:
- Yoga classes, Healing Sunday, drumming, and the chanting workshop. See the schedule below.
- The raised beds for our community garden have arrived and the organic seeds have been sent to the correctional facility for planting. We have much more planning to do.
- As promised, Steve and Val have randomly chosen two new (or re-upping) members for a free oracle card reading. Those two folks are…Michelle G. – a reading with Steve and Cheryle C. – a reading with Val. Congratulations 🙂
- We are compiling survey results to help us plan classes, workshops, and events for the year.
If you haven’t filled out the survey yet, we still want to hear from you – please and thank you!
Which classes, events, and workshops would you like us to offer at KYWC? Would you like to volunteer or teach classes or a workshop? Let us know!
Please fill out this brief online survey (it’s mostly a checklist) or print the form below and drop it off at the Center.
Thanks to everyone who joined or renewed your membership this year. Your input, contribution, and fellowship at KYWC are important to us. The Center could not fulfill its mission without you.
Read about member benefits and download your membership form and interest survey here.
Please complete both forms and bring/mail them to the Center with your check or money order. Cash is also accepted at the Center. Thank you much 🙂
Upcoming Classes and Events
Here is the April schedule of classes and events. Reminder: when South Jeff school district closes for the day or cancels after-school activities due to weather, KYWC activities are also canceled for your safety.
Drumming and Meditation Circle
Come make a joyful noise. Bring your own drum and rattles or borrow one of ours.
Steve Williams, facilitator. April 14th at 6 pm. $5 donation. Members free.
Enjoy a relaxing 20–30-minute energy balance session with one of our certified practitioners.
April 16th from 2 pm until 5 pm. Please arrive by 4 pm. By donation.
You are also invited to attend the Center for Spiritual Awareness Easter Service at 11 am and a Potluck Lunch following the service.
This workshop series with Clancy Cox is for all who dream of a more joyful and easy relationship with their voice. Clancy will guide you through joyful vocal exercises to support lung capacity and health. At each workshop, we will learn a different Sanskrit chant. This is a wonderful opportunity to find and explore the beauty and power of your voice beyond speaking. No prior experience is needed. Cost $25 per session.
- Saturday, April 1st, 2-4 pm
- Saturday, May 13th, 2-4 pm
Why learn and practice chanting?
Did you know that chanting “OM”, Sanskrit, or spiritual words can raise your vibration, calm your mind, and decreases stress? Chanting can also boost your energy, facilitate healing, improve your mood, and slow cellular aging, among other benefits. (Learn more here)
Coming Soon! Spring Blooms Workshop
A special fun day celebrating the beauty of Spring with native plants. The day’s activities and ‘takeaways’ include:
- An introduction to native plants with Q & A session.
- A perennial plant ‘buffet’. Fill your planter with organic soil and your choice of native plants.
- A delicious BRUNCH & LUNCHEON catered by Embellished Catering!
- A fun Gardner’s Treasure Hunt where everyone gets a prize!
Date: TBD (April or May).
Yoga with Carla
- MONDAYS: Flow and Restore (6:15-7:30 pm) No class on April 10th
- THURSDAYS: Flow and Restore (4:30-5:45 pm) No class April 13th
- THURSDAYS: Beginner Flow (6:15-7:30 pm) No class April 13th
- SATURDAY: Yoga Tone and Sculpt (Dates pending)
- SUNDAY: Candlelight Restorative Yoga (April 30th at 6:30-8:15 pm) Class is full. You may add your name to the waiting list, if interested.
Hatha Flow with Jeri
Relax, Renew, Rejuvenate
Mondays and Wednesdays 4:30-5:45 pm.
Contact Jeri at firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
Chair Yoga with Jean
Tuesdays, 1 pm to 2:15 pm beginning April 18th – July 25th. Contact Jean at email@example.com to register.
Thank you for your fellowship and support.
Have a wonderful month.