Wow. Our spring/summer season has been off to a very busy, productive start.
- KYWC and Walmart volunteers installed and planted our Community Garden at the teepee. The team at DOCC Cape Vincent grew all the transplants for us. Fencing will be going up soon. See photos here and on Facebook.
- We purchased five new outdoor chairs. The carpentry crew at the Department of Corrections in Cape Vincent is building us three picnic tables with detached benches. All materials were purchased with funds from the Sixtown grant (and a discount from Rt 37 Building Supply in Redwood).
- Steve Williams and Diane Cade have been busy beautifying our grounds with spiffed-up and new vignettes and sculptures. BTW: A large sculpture on the trail was recently damaged. Please do not allow your children to climb, pull on, or hang from displays.
- The Therapeutic Sound Bath was a “hit”. Twenty people attended. We hope to offer another sound bath next month. See below for other workshops scheduled this summer, so far. If you want to offer a public workshop at KYWC, please submit your proposal to the Board using this required form.
Thank you to everyone who made all this possible with your donations, grants, and volunteer time. We appreciate you so much. Here at KYWC, it truly does “take a village”. Many hands do make light work and more fun 🙂
Welcome back, “Snowbirds”. It’s great seeing you at the Center.
Upcoming Classes and Events
Here is the current listing of summer workshops. More will be coming. Check our Facebook page regularly so you don’t miss out. If you are not on Facebook, you should still be able to read the posts on our website homepage.
There is no Drum Circle scheduled this month. If you would like to schedule a private drum circle for your group or event, contact Steve at the Center.
Enjoy a relaxing 20–30-minute energy balance session with one of our certified practitioners.
June 18th from 2 pm until 5 pm. Please arrive by 4 pm. By donation.
You are also invited to attend the Center for Spiritual Awareness Easter Service at 11 am and a Potluck Lunch following the service.
Spring Blooms Workshop
Join the Lazy Day Dirt Flower Farm gals for a special fun day celebrating the beauty of spring with native plants. The day’s activities and ‘takeaways’ include:
- An introduction to native plants with Q & A session.
- Create a planter with up to 7 native perennials of your choice to enjoy all summer. In Fall, plant them in your garden for YEARS of enjoyment!
- A delicious BRUNCH & LUNCHEON catered by Embellished Catering.
- A fun Gardner’s Treasure Hunt where everyone gets a prize!
Date and Time: June 10th at 10:30-3:00 pm at KYWC. (Sign up by June 5th)
Single ticket: $75, Bring a friend: 2 tickets for $140. Group rates are available.
10% of all ticket sales & 100% of raffles donated to CAMP HOLLIS CAMPER SCHOLARSHIP FUND
Protect Yourself from Energy Vampires
Practical wisdom and tools to reclaim your energy, restore hope, and strengthen your spirit.
In this workshop, we will explore:
- 1) how to recognize the common tactics of Energy Vampires
- 2) the specific traits that are most appealing to the EV and why
- 3) the ways that EV relationships affect us
- 4) protective practices to break the spell and sever the energetic cords that are draining your energy.
Facilitator: Clancy Cox
Date and Time: June 24th, 2 pm-4 pm. Cost: $25
Bring a journal or something to write in.
Summer Solstice Celebration
Northern Rivers Grove invites you to join them at the KYWC Stone Circle for a summer solstice ritual, potluck meal, and time for sharing and socializing on Sunday, June 25th at 3 pm. This is a family-friendly event. Please bring a donation and a dish to pass.
The Sacred Wisdom of Ayurveda: A Women’s Retreat
Explore practical tools rooted in ancient wisdom to help you make choices more congruent with the aspirations of your soul. No prior experience is needed. Qualifies for 4 Yoga Alliance CEUs.
Facilitator: Christianne Asper-Contant
Date and Time: August 19th, 11 am – 4 pm.
Fee:$105 by 7/19, $125 individual, $185 for two, bring a friend!
Yoga with Carla
- MONDAYS: Flow and Restore (6:15-7:30 pm) No class on May 29th
- THURSDAYS: Flow and Restore (4:30-5:45 pm)
- THURSDAYS: Beginner Flow (6:15-7:30 pm)
Hatha Flow with Jeri
Relax, Renew, Rejuvenate
Mondays and Wednesdays 4:30-5:45 pm.
Contact Jeri at firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
Chair Yoga with Jean
Tuesdays, 1 pm to 2:15 pm until July 25th. Contact Jean at email@example.com to register.
Thank you for your fellowship and support.
Have a wonderful month.