Looking for something fun and different to do in the North Country? We invite you to join us for a day of celebration on July 23, 2022, from 10 am-4 pm.
See and experience how KYWC can help you destress and feel more at ease in these trying times. Enjoy free mini yoga classes and wellness activities that support the well-being of your mind and body. Visit our vendors for treats and natural products, and watch the Plein Air painters. Try your luck on the 50/50 raffle, and more. Have a fun, relaxing time exploring our walking trail and grounds.
All are welcome. Bring your family and friends! Rain or shine.
This page includes the schedule of events, vendors, activities, and more for our July 23rd celebration. Check back for updates on vendors and events. Hope to see you there!
Vendors will be onsite throughout the day. Visit them for jewelry, lavender lemonade, herbal teas, herbs, crystals, books, jewelry, natural goat milk products, Jodi’s ice cream, psychic readings, and more.
The Center for Spiritual Awareness is offering energy healing and Barb Trainum is giving chair massages by donation. Face painting by Jessica is also being offered by donation. Enjoy!
Non-perishable food donations accepted for Rhodes Center Food Pantry
Admittance is free. Enter at the side parking lot. Parking is available in the field.
Schedule of Events
Free classes and activities for adults and children are scheduled throughout the day from 10:30-3:30.
Subject to change. Please check back for updates.
Yoga classes will be held indoors in the studio. Adult classes are scheduled for 30 minutes. Children’s yoga is scheduled for 20 minutes. Please register at the KYWC table prior to classes as space in our yoga studio is limited.
10:30 am –Restorative Yoga with Carla VanWormer. Enjoy gentle stretching with the support of yoga props and relaxing sounds to release stress from your mind and body. Limited to 6 people.
11:15 am – Self-Massage and Joint Mobilization of Thai Yoga with David Wells. Learn how to give yourself a full-body “Thai Style” massage, reduce joint pain, stiffness & muscle aches naturally, and increase flexibility, range of motion, circulation & vitality. *
12:00 – Beachball Yoga with Chrissy Purvis – This children’s class will be held outdoors. Parents are invited to join in the fun. Yoga Jenga for children aged 5-12 will be substituted if we need to be indoors.
12:45 – Vinyasa Flow Yoga with Carla Van Wormer – This class is for all levels. We will flow from start to finish connecting our body’s movement with our breath, creating heat within our bodies, and ending with a blissful relaxation of savasana.
1:30 pm – Chair Yoga with Jean Tabolt. This class is great for seniors and anyone who appreciates the support of a chair.
2:15 pm – Self-Massage and Joint Mobilization of Thai Yoga with David Wells. See the description above.
3:00 pm – Walking through the Jungle with Chrissy Purvis. Children ages 5-10 are invited to take an imaginary walk to see jungle animals and act them out through simple yoga poses for kids. Limit 8.
The following outdoor events are scheduled for approximately 20-40 minutes, weather permitting. Adults and families are invited to participate.
- 10:00 am Opening Ceremony
- 10:30 am – Labyrinth Walk and Q&A with BJ Mosher. BJ will also be available at her tent to answer questions throughout the day.
- 11:15 – Guided trail walk with KYWC volunteers. Learn about our stone circle, blessing tree, labyrinth, pollinator plants, and more as we explore our 1/2-mile trail. Feel free to walk the trail on your own anytime during the day.
- 12:00 – Beachball Yoga with Chrissy Purvis – This children’s class will be held outdoors. Parents are invited to join the fun. Yoga Jenga for children aged 5-12 will be substituted if we need to be indoors.
- 12:30 – Drumming with Steve Williams and friends: Bring your drum and rattles or borrow one of ours. (also 3 pm)
- 1:00 pm – Energy Medicine: Quick and Easy Self-Help Techniques for Releasing Negativity and Stress with Val Silver Learn simple ways to harmonize your energy system in order to help your mind and body feel calm, centered, and more positive.
- 1:30 pm – Crafts – Join us in making a prayer flag.
- 2 pm – Hooping Fun for Kids of All Ages Seth and Jozette of Fire Magick: Learn the benefits of hooping and techniques for keeping that hoop going. Try some tricks, too. Have fun! Visit their tent to play with a hoop anytime.
- 3:00 pm Drumming with Steve Williams and friends Bring your drum and rattles or borrow one of ours.
- 3:45 – Raffle drawing – you do not need to be present to win the 50/50 or basket items. $1 a ticket. 6 for $5.
Join our mailing list for updates on KYWC News and Events
Join us on Facebook and Instagram
Get inspirational quotes, photos, helpful tips, and updates on our classes and events.